Norco Ranch eggs: Are Eggs Superfood? Here Are Reasons Why They Are
For some people eggs are all and end of all foods. Norco Ranch eggs is like a super food which is full of nutritious value. So let us check 5 of these health benefits of eggs:
- Nutritious: It really should be pondered on sometimes that the egg we are consuming actually contains all the nutrients which are required to turn a single cell into a chick and for that it has to contain a number of nutrients. It does contain those nutrients in the following amounts:
- Vitamin A- It is 6% of the RDA
- Vitamin B5: It is 7% of the RDA
- Vitamin B12: It’s 9% of the RDA
- Vitamin B2: That is 15% of the RDA
- Folate: It is 5% of the RDA
- Phosphorus: It is 9% of the RDA
- Selenium: That is 22% of the RDA
- Calories: 77
- Protein: 6 grams.
- Healthy fats: 5 grams
The above chart is not the full list as eggs also contain a good amount of vitamin D, vitamin E, Vitamin K as well as Vitamin B6, zinc and calcium.
- Cholestrol: There is a myth regarding cholestrol in eggs and how it supposedly seems to effect the cholesterol in our bodies. This is not true for most because even though eggs are high in cholesterol and a single egg contains around 212 mg (this is over half the recommended intake daily intake of about 300 mg) yet it should be kept in mind that this cholesterol doesn’t adversely affect blood cholesterol. Consider also the fact that your liver produces large amounts of cholesterol every single day but when it senses that your intake of cholesterol has increased then the liver simply produces less cholesterol and so the situation evens out.
- Raising the Good Cholesterol: HDL (High density lipoprotein) is termed as the ‘good cholesterol’ since people with high HDL levels usually have a lower risk of heart diseases and other health issues. Eating eggs is a great way to increase this HDL level since it was found that eating just two eggs per day increased HDL levels by around 10%.
- Choline: It is an important nutrient as it is used to build cell membranes and also has a role in producing signaling molecules in the brain along with other functions. Eggs are an excellent source of choline since they contain about a 100 mg of this nutrient.
- Lutein and Zeaxanthin: These are antioxidants which are major contributors to good eye health. How? Well, one of the major consequences of aging is that one’s eyesight tends to worsen a lot but there are several nutrients which can be taken to counteract this degenerative process. These nutrients are lutein and zeaxanthin. These antioxidants accumulate in the retina of the eye and can significantly reduce the risk of having cataracts as well as macular degeneration. Norco Ranch eggs concludes saying that eggs are truly the source of many nutrients and as a result have many benefits. It’s time it gets appreciated and valued as such.